MONTRÉAL, July 15, 2021 /CNW/ – Global leaders, national players and local changemakers: seven businesses have taken the top regional title in the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2021 Québec program.
“These entrepreneurs are developing solutions to shape our future in Québec and around the world,” says Daniel Baer, EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Québec Program Co-Director. “Coming from a variety of key industries, this year’s winners represent the full breadth and depth of Québec innovation. Each is deeply invested in propelling meaningful progress and buoyed by a relentless sense of optimism.”
Québec regional winners will move forward to compete against peers from the Pacific, Prairies, Ontario and Atlantic regions at the national awards celebration in November 2021, where 10 national winners will be named, including Canada’s EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2021 Award winner. The overall Canadian winner will go on to compete with national winners from across the globe for the title of EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year in June 2022. The seven Québec winners vying for the title are:
- Nicholas P. Pedneault of Congebec Logistique Inc., a provider of multi-temperature storage, warehousing and distribution services helping suppliers navigate today’s disrupted supply chains.
- Louis Têtu of Coveo Solutions, an AI-powered platform on a mission to make search, data and AI more accessible so that businesses can deliver relevant experiences to their customers.
- Marie-Pier St-Hilaire of Edgenda, a consulting company putting humans and technology at its core to help companies drive transformation and adapt to their complex and changing environment.
- Louis St-Laurent of Le Groupe Master, a leader in the in the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration sectors and the largest independent HVAC-R distributor in Canada.
- Madeleine Paquin of Logistec Corporation, a marine handling company dedicated to finding solutions that support reliable supply chains and protect our environment and our water resources.
- Marcel Bourassa of Savaria Corporation, a global leader in accessibility and manufacturer of products that help people maintain their personal mobility and improve their quality of life.
- Danny Angers, Jimmy Angers and Yan Gagnon of Vosker, a premier provider of solar-powered and cellular-enabled monitoring tech taking personal and commercial surveillance one step further.
“This year’s winners are trailblazers, finding answers to our toughest challenges, and charting new paths forward,” adds Luc Charbonneau, EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Québec Program Co-Director. “We’re excited to see how they’ll build on this momentum to continue moving Québec forward. There’s no limit to what they can achieve as part of the vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystem we’re building together.”
About EY Entrepreneur Of The Year®
EY Entrepreneur Of The Year® is the world’s most prestigious business awards program for unstoppable entrepreneurs. These visionary leaders deliver innovation, growth and prosperity that transform our world. The program engages entrepreneurs with insights and experiences that foster growth. It connects them with their peers to strengthen entrepreneurship around the world. EY Entrepreneur Of The Year is the first and only truly global awards program of its kind. It celebrates entrepreneurs through regional and national awards programs in more than 145 cities in over 60 countries. Winners go on to compete for the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year title. ey.com/eoy
The 2021 Québec independent judging panel consists of Claudine Labelle, President and founder of Fillactive; Constance Raymond, Vice-President of Outbox Technology; Brigitte Jalbert, President of Les Emballages Carrousel; Jean-Yves Germain, Co-President of Groupe Germain; Martin Deschênes, Vice-Chairman of the Board of Deschênes Group and President of l’École d’entrepreneurship de Beauce; and Andreea Crisan, President and CEO of Andy Transport.
This year’s national sponsor is TSX Inc.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available via ey.com/privacy. EY member firms do not practice law where prohibited by local laws. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com. Follow us on Twitter @EYCanada.
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young LLP.
SOURCE EY Canada
For further information: Chiara Battaglia, email@example.com, 514 833 3337; Victoria McQueen, firstname.lastname@example.org, 416 943 3141; Dina Elshurafa, email@example.com, 416 941 1818