Logistec is looking for a motivated candidate interested in the management of stevedoring operations and the supervision of employees to join its Montréal team. This position requires a strong leadership and interest in management.
Under the supervision of the Operations Manager
Your contribution to the Montréal and Logistec teams will be to:
· Plan and coordinate the operation of loading and unloading vessels and/or terminal activities for handling break-bulk and bulk merchandise;
· Determine the proper equipment and labor force needed for the operation;
· Manage and control cost related to the operations;
· Enforce health and safety regulations in the work & natural environment ;
· Supervise the work team under your supervision;
· Prepare performance reports;
· Represent the company by participating to internal committees or by assisting to public meetings.
We are looking for candidates with:
· Experience in supervising unionized employees;
· An university degree;
· Bilingualism, both oral and written (French and English);
· Availability to work on shifts;
· Displaying autonomy, teamwork, flexibility and judgment;
· Available and ready to work occasionally outside of Montreal (i.e. Contrecoeur or Churchill).
We are offering:
· A full-time permanent position with growing responsibilities;
· Full benefits - include a complete group insurance coverage plan and a pension plan;
· The opportunity to work on projects at operations sites outside of Montréal.
If you are interested in this position and possess the required qualifications, please forward your résumé to Ralph Vallon, at the Human Resources Department.
Fax : (514) 843-5217 E-mail : email@example.com
We offer equal career opportunities to all applicants.
Superintendant in Montréal